April 23, 2007

Old swap card

About two years ago I was in a swap where the hostess asked us to make 6x6 cards based on the cover design of a CD or album. I thought it sounded fun and I took up the challenge!
I went through hundreds of my CDs and records to find the perfect one. I chose this one, by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

This photo here is actually of a color copy of the CD Jacket. We had to include a picture of the original with our swap cards so that the other swappers could see what we based our design on.

Let's ignore for a moment, the fact that NOT ONE OTHER swapper included the color pic of the album they based their card design on...can you tell I was irked by it? (I mean, it's been almost 2 years now, I should let it go, right?!)

Anyway, I really had fun with that challenge and enjoyed participating in that swap, so I wanted to show you the card that I made. I ended up with an extra due to someone dropping out at the last minute.
I went with a sort of graduating/moving on/new job theme and used an Asian flare.


I based the card around one of the first punches I ever bought, a "good luck" symbol from All Night Media. It's there in the lower left hand corner of the card. Then I stamped a large oriental collage on kraft CS, and cut out 4 rectangles from it and mounted them on black CS. I used a computer font to print the sentiment, both on the outside and on the inside.
I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite swap cards ever. Silly, and simple, but it speaks to me!

No comments: