April 05, 2007

Vegan eggs???

I thought I'd share a photo of the breakfast I made for April Fools day last week. We don't eat many eggs in our house (our older son won't eat them unless they are hard boiled), because I use mostly vegan ingredients when cooking/baking. But I sure shocked the heck out of the kids and my husband last Sunday morning! It's a dollop of vegan home-made cool whip, an apricot half, and the top is sprinkled with poppy seeds! Our older son sleepily looked at it and then said "Eggs?" in this horrified, disgusted voice. Hee hee!

4 comments:

Trish D said...

How fun! I may have to use this idea next year...

Laura Hit said...

So funny - I thought they were "off" looking eggs - that would be a fun easter treat with the whole egg theme.

Debbie Ann said...

How hilarious! How in the world did you come up w/that idea? I love it-- very imaginative!

Debbie Ann said...

BTW-- do you mind sharing your recipe for the homemade cool whip? It looks so white... just like the real thing. I've only tried it once and the recipe I had looked dingy. Not very appetizing either. :(