April 10, 2007

Rough around the edges?

A friend of mine isn't feeling well so I made him up a card last night. I enjoy creating masculine cards, it seems to challenge me and keep me on my toes!
I've been using this PP from Cosmo Cricket's WANTED line for awhile, but just couldn't figure out something to use the "cowboy" paper with.
Then, last night, my new shipment of stamps from Side Show Stamps arrived! I was having fun looking through them and saw this cowboy stamp I ordered and immediately and light bulb went off in my head! Both the cowboy image and the sentiment are from Side Show Stamps, and I thought they went together well because the cowboy has his hands on his hips.
Inside the card I wrote, "I heard you were feeling a little rough around the edges...Hope you're feeling better soon!"

I stamped the cowboy image twice, once on wood grain paper, and again on red patterned paper. I cut out his "chaps" from the red paper and adhered them to the first image, colored in his bandanna, used a gold paint pen to highlight his cuff links, distressed the edges, and set 3 star eyelets randomly around him. I matted him twice and using pop dots, adhered him to the card base. I then set 4 more star eyelets in the corners and threaded jute twine around the perimeter of the card, tying a knot and loop for added texture on the left side. Then I finished it by stamping the sentiment "Hey Hipster!" directly below the cowboy.

SUPPLIES: PP from Cosmo Cricket, Ivory and chocolate chip CS from SU!, stamps from Side Show stamps, star eyelets from my stash, jute from my gardening supplies, and ink by Memories.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I love your little works of art! I used to make cards but then everyone started doing it so much better than me that I gave up!!!

Allison Rankin said...

This is so cool...I feel like I am back in the 40s looking at that retro image!