March 26, 2007

Birthday CASE card

We went to my great-niece's 7 th birthday party this weekend. My sister (her grandma) had rented the entire bowling alley for 2 hours and it was filled with running, screaming children ages 1-10! It was a blast though and even our little one was bowling. I didn't know they made bowling shoes that small! Size 6!Here's the card I made my great-niece. It's an Amy Rysavy case.
I don't own any butterfly stamps, they aren't really my style, but I DO own lots of wing stamps, so I just stamped the wings and after cutting them out, glued them together to look like a butterfly. I wanted a smaller one too so I used one of those foamie sticker things that I've got lying around in the kid's art box, glued 3 of the small butterflies together and used it as a stamp! The purple CS is Bazzill, white is SU, wing stamps are Sunday Int., sentiment stamps are Papertrey Ink. I used a cuttlebug folder in my Sizzix for the lavender CS. Inks are various chalk and dye inks, ribbon is offray. I doodled on the small butterflies and painted clear sparkle on all of them. Here's a better pic to show the sparkle glaze.
She loved it and so did all her little friends. Must be girl thing!

No comments: