March 27, 2007

Shower thanks

Unexpectedly, some ladies from work threw me a "new kids" shower yesterday in the office. It was incredibly sweet of them and they were generous beyond belief! They even bought presents for both kids. So last night I made them a thank you card which my husband and kids signed. The card is a Taylor VanBruggen CASE, she's pretty amazing and I liked the LO of hers.I didn't have a flower stamp that was open, so instead I drew this flower using a sharpie and colored it in with prismacolors and gamsol. All CS is SU, sentiment stamp is TAC, harlequin stamp is Hero Arts, large antique brads are from my stash, and ribbon is...I don't know! My scallop scissors weren't working very well, so instead I punched 4 scalloped squares using my Marvy giga punch and layered them together for the back cool caribbean layer. You can see on the edge closest where they overlap, but I didn't mind. I then pierced the scallops and ringed them with my white gel pen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Sweet and simple. That was so nice of them to throw a shower for you - you must work with some really great people. That background color is fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

The layered punches look fabulous! Great card!