March 28, 2007

Shoebox swap

Last April, a group of card-making swappers who'd become friends through an online message board, met up in Vegas! We had a blast meeting everyone and doing lots of make-n-takes, classes, shoe-box swaps, stamp shopping, site-seeing, etc.
I created an artsy-style tag for my shoebox swap. I was trying to coax my fellow swappers out of their shell and move away from the typical stuff we were making. I made 17 packets of supplies needed to create this tag, but only 10 or so participated, so I came home with a bundle of materials!
Last night I was having some creative block and decided to make up a few of those tags with my leftover packets.
NOTE: The small slide frame is crooked in the photo, it should actually be crooked on the tag!

I aged the tags with walnut ink, stippled them with 3 colors of ink, stamped the BG with a fun art print stamp, tore and sponged ink on the "ART" stamped paper, added the vellum cut-outs of the girl and the clock, glued on the mini frame, stamped inside it and added ribbons and fiber. I think the next photo is clearer and easier to see.

1 comment: