May 02, 2010

Boxwood silhouette

This was my contribution to the DT for Sasya Sketches sketch no.8. You have until May 4 to upload your project using the sketch. A random winner will be drawn and also 2 guest designers will be chosen for the next week's sketch! How fun is that? *smile*

See the spring moss panel on the left side of my card? I've had that scrap of paper in my "stamped" scrap pile since February of 2009 when I made THIS card. So glad I finally used it! The stamp is from the 2007 PTI anniversary set. The main image panel stamps are from Cornish Heritage Farms Kim Hughes collection called Nature Silhouettes. I also used a Text Style stamp from PTI but stamped it with the Chamomile ink from the tea dye duo to soften it up.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a good one!

Oh, I almost forgot! *slaps hand to forehead* To see the first samples made with Practicing Creativity Designs newest release, head over to Courtney's blog! She's showcasing some really fun cards today you don't want to miss!

26 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Absolutely stunning Dana. I love the warmth of this card and stamping and inked edges. beautiful

B said...

So lovely! :)

Keva said...

Dana..it's beautiful!!! I love the colors and all of the stamps you used. I bought You're Dandy on Friday JUST because of you. You're not helping my stamping budget AT ALL! lol. I can't wait to get it.

Taheerah said...

Stunning card Dana! The colours are just spot-on, and you're really making me want Simple Little Things when I didn't want it before!!

Kara said...

I love that background stamp, especially with the white centers! Very pretty!
Kara

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful card Dana! I love the fancy border along the main image panel. Isn't it great when you can put an old stamped scrap to use?

Ted said...

Dana, this is exquisite! These are my favorite colors...so warm and this card could even be for a man. Such a great design!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful design and beautiful colors!

Sue Ann said...

Love that BG ....... and the focal image works so perfectly with that BG paper........ as usual beautiful card!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

pattylt said...

Oh, how I love those colors and those buttons are fantastic. Love the little loops of ribbon... it adds such class to such a pretty card. Well done!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is absolutely wonderful!! I love it!

Pat said...

Love the background (way to use up scraps, too), love the focal image, love the way you used Text Style. Great card!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, Dana! I love the loops of ribbon with buttons and the focal image is so pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love every single little gorgeous detail on this card Dana!! Just PERFECT!

Laurie said...

Beautiful! WOW! I love everything about this card!

Teresa said...

Great card Dana! I love the little white centers in the patteren that you created.

Jen Carter said...

LOVE this!! I don't think that I've ever seen that set. The design on this card is fantastic and I love those buttons too!

Lee said...

Gorgeous card as usual, Dana. Just love your work.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Dana! love the focal point!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Dana, your work is always so beautiful. This card is no exception. Great job!

Barbara said...

Incredibly beautiful, Dana! Gorgeous design and details!

Mara Campbell said...

I love that border, it's so fancy! Your color combo is amazing, I love the green.

Sherry said...

Just gorgeous!! Love all the details!

Diana said...

This is just gorgeous! How sweet of you to ask about me on my {neglected} blog :) We're doing ok...just trying to find my mojo after doing the cancer/chemo/radiation thing last year. I just might case this card; I think I have that stamp.
Have a great day!

Alice said...

this is absolutely gorgeous, Dana! i LOVE it! such a beautiful card!