May 12, 2010

PTI Princess Challenge No.7--Closet colors

Good morning friends! Today's card is for the challenge that Diane issued on her blog to "throw open your closet doors" and find some inspiration. When I open my closet doors I see a multitude of peasant skirts and old hippie-style dresses that comprised my wardrobe in college. *grin* 
The first skirt I saw was orange and white and I used to wear it with an aqua colored tank top so I based my card on those colors.
I was going to take a picture but then I was afraid to let you really see my "other" side! lol
Some things just shouldn't be published on a blog!

Poppy stamp by Hero Arts, Sentiment by PTI. I know all the stamps should be PTI for a PTI challenge, but I couldn't resist, and everything else is PTI so I hope it counts.

Have a good day, thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW!!!! Gorgeous card...I LOVE the colors...so very striking!

Courtney Baker said...

Gorgeous! I love looking at my clothes for inspiration!

Amy Kolling said...

Lovin' the colors!! I looked at my daughter's shirt the other day and thought....hmmm..that would make a pretty color combo for a card! I like your border punch too!

Dawn said...

This is definitely a "happy" card! The colors make me think of South Beach. LOVE it!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this Dana! The colors (and the poppies), are just exquisite!!

Keva said...

Love it! You KNOW we all wanna see that skirt, so bust it out! haha. The colors work very well together and I really like how the ribbon hides behind the panel and then pops out on the other side.

BethieJ said...

DANA.. this is STUNNING! I ADORE the color combo.. I must use it! THANKS for your sweet comments on my blog! You always make me SMILE!!
Have a GREAT day!

Kara said...

great colors! i love that stamp.
kara

Bonita Rose said...

Oh my gosh.. this is amazing. Love the combo. LOVE IT. wow.. u always so inspire me. xo

Alice said...

super color combination! this is so pretty, Dana!! i love it!!

Sara Mac said...

Stunning card Dana! I love that poppy stamp everytime I see it. This is definitely one of my favorite color combos. Love the black border punch too.

Karen B. said...

Too funny! And gorgeous and striking card.

Jen said...

Before I even scrolled down enough to read the post, the card made me think of you! Of the YOU that met the family in an unconventional way. The YOU that made orange my 11 y/o's favorite color during the trip to Kentucky. How perfect!

Jennifer K said...

Oh wow! Love those fun and bright colors. I owned only one peasant skirt and it hit the highway a long time ago. :)

Jen Carter said...

You're too funny! Now I really want to see that tank top!! :) This card is gorgeous! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Dana, love the colors, love this card, its really pretty!! one gotta love this stamp set from Hero Arts!

B said...

Fabulous! Love the fun fun colors! Hmm, I've never owned a peasant skirt but I always thought they were fun!

Sasya said...

oh this is just stunning!! love the great colors!!!

Mara Campbell said...

I just love love the color combo. That pop of black along the bottom border just pops off the aqua, beautiful!

Mariah said...

OMG, this is GORGEOUS!! LOVE the stamp and color combo. Sooooo pretty!