May 04, 2010

You're the man!

I've really been digging masculine cards lately because they are such a challenge. But not with the newest stamps from Practicing Creativity! This set is soooooo easy to create guy cards with. I love the sentiments that come with it...very hip yet classic too.
See those awesome Phillips head metal eyelets? I've had them in my stash for almost 5 years and finally found a use for them! I placed them around the frame image included with You're the Man, but I was thinking you could also make it look like a license plate too!

Courtney also challenged us to create a non-masculine card using this set, and I have to admit that it was a true challenge! With most guy stamp sets there are usually a few ambiguous images that can lean either way, but You're the Man is (in my humble opinion) TRULY a guy set! Never-the-less I persevered and came up with this cute card above.
I actually LOVE the chevron/tire track images on the pink! I surprised myself. lol! The BG on the card base was stamped with the letter "O" from the word "BRO" to make that fun chain type pattern, and the sentiment is of course, part of the set (but actually 2 separate words). 
The wide twill pink ribbon was so easy to work with. Not stiff at all, but perfectly soft and easy for bows. I am loving the May Arts ribbon that Practicing Creativity carries.

So be sure to stop by Courtney's blog again today for more samples from her and a video featuring tips and tricks on using the new set! This is definitely a must-have for your collection. It fills the gap!

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you do something creative!

OH, one more thing! Click here to see some more exciting news! *eeeeek*

30 comments:

Mariah said...

Love the "Bro" card...it really is the perfect man card!

Sue Ann said...

Are you trying to copy my stitching on the first card :) I love how "craftsman tool" that is ....... and the eyelets are PERFECT and I like how you turned the stamp into a background for a chick card ........ good stuff !!!

~amy~ said...

excellent cards...love your girlie one!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

These are fantastic! I'll have to get this set for sure!

Lorraine said...

Amazing - was loving that first card - so masculine and then I spotted the second one. How cool is that? To make it look so different & feminine. And big congrats on the Tuesday Throwdown! Your card was just stunning!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are GREAT Dana! I can see how it might be hard to use this set in a "feminine" way, but sure did a good job of it! I'm planning to order this one, it will be my first PC set (woohoo)! Oh, and congrats on ANOTHER DT position, you really are on FIRE :)

Keva said...

I love it, Dana! The colors, the stitching..it's all very nice.

Rhonda said...

Great manly card. Love the metal eyelets.

Anonymous said...

I am really glad I found your blog. You are very talented. This man-type stamp set looks very good. I will check it out!

pattylt said...

Great guy card and love the angled look of the second. The first thing I thought of on the masculine card is how the sentiment looked like a license plate! How perfect for a guy! The brads just work so well on it, too....and cute sentiment! They both turned out so great!

Elizabeth S. said...

Fantastic cards!! Great job on both!

Barbara said...

Whoa! Talk about a MAN card--that first one surely is! Fabulous, Dana! Love the second one, too, with the set.

B said...

And you're the woman! :) Love your guy card and the girly card! Fabulous!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. I especially like the bro card though. Love the screw brads.

Sasya said...

love your cards, Dana~!! adorable!! and i love this set of stamps!!

Unknown said...

LOVE your cards!! especially the first one!! its really masculine, any man would LOVE to get such a card!

Jackie Pedro said...

You're on fire, Dana! Congrats on the new DT spot and I just love the masculine cards you've been making!!

Kara said...

I love it on the pink:)
Kara

Taheerah said...

Dana I love both of these but I've just gotta focus on that masculine card! It's just fab!! Love those tones of grey and silver, and I really, really love those tyre tracks stamps! Cool brads too, and the sentiment is awesome!

Sara Mac said...

Hey Dana, congrats on another DT spot. YOU are the man:) Love both of these cards. How creative to use the O for the bottom border design.

Ted said...

Dana, I REALLY like that masculine card...but when I click on the link, I'm taking to their site but only see four stamp sets, none being "You're the Man". Am I doing something wrong? Oh...and a HUGE congrats on the DT spot! :)

Jennifer K said...

You've done a fabulous job on the "man card." I love how it looks like a license plate and the screw head brads are the perfect touch. This looks like a great stamp set to have for the masculine cards.

Mara Campbell said...

Your first card is awesome!! I love the brads you used. And great job making another card, I love the color combo on the 2nd one!

Alice said...

wow! your cards blown me away, Dana!! that br"O" background is fabulous!! love your cards!!

Amy Kolling said...

Great way to use those eyelets with this set! I think I have tons of those when I was in the eyelet phase!!

I like your "girly" version too....I think you did a great job with it!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wow! A really nice manly card. Love those eyelets! And your girl card is very nice too. Excellent job on both!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wow! A really nice manly card. Love those eyelets! And your girl card is very nice too. Excellent job on both!

Rimma Minenko said...

excellent cards, love your card!

Jen Carter said...

Love how you showed the versatility of this set! Great cards!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love both of your cards!