May 06, 2010

PCD Release day!

Today is release day at Practicing Creativity Designs! Have you seen all the samples that the DT and guest designers have showcased? All of a sudden it's fun to create guy cards...and no longer a chore!
I wanted to show you another card using You're the Man that is very different from my other two. Simple, but still very guy-ish, right? 
I love this sentiment because it reminds me of those silly beer commercials from the 90s...something like "I love you man, but you're not getting my Bud light!" Remember that? lol

I decided that sometimes it is ok to use brighter colors on a guy card if you balance it with neutrals. Here, the bright greens, blue, and rusty color are offset with the kraft, cream twine and tarnished eyelets.

Here are the details:
You're the Man
Price: $12.99
Shipping and Handling: Flat Rate $4 for continental US; Flat Rate $6 International
Stamps are made in the US from high-quality photopolymer.

If you do decide to get You're The Man and make something with it, let me know because your card or project can be added to the gallery in the actual store for everyone to see!

Oh, and don't forget to submit your card or LO using sketch #9 to Sasya Sketches for a chance at an awesome prize! 
Look at the gorgeous vintage trims, jewels, lace and ribbon package that the winner will receive. Yum.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope your day is fabulous!

23 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun! I love the eyelets and the embossed bolt! Great guy card!

Sue Ann said...

Oh that is a great guy card. I have so many posts to catch up on ....... I have had my hair on fire for days now!!! I thought about you when I was in Whole Foods yesterday buying 30 Roma tomatoes for fresh sauce!!

Ted said...

Dana, this is a great card and that "You're the Man" set is OH so tempting! :) Love the big "bro", "dad", etc. :) Question for you (I know I always pester you with questions!) - Is the $4 flat rate PER stamp set or for the entire order? Thanks much! :)

Sherry said...

Fabulous! I love that sentiment too...soo fun!

Diane Jaquay said...

Dana, I LOVE how you combined You're the Man with the circle image from the other set (can't remember the name of that one); it looks really fabulous! Off to order it now :)

Rhonda said...

I remember that commercial. Love the embossed silver on blue.

Barbara said...

Gosh, what a great man card! Fab colors, too, Dana!

B said...

Oh what a great guy card!

Sasya said...

oh, i've already seen your card at Practicing Creativity, i love it!! man cards are soo difficult but your card is just perfect!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Dana, this is a terrific masculine card! I love that bolt!

BethieJ said...

Dana this is FANTASTIC!!! I need to go peek at ALL the stamp sets.. and ink up the one I got last week! :)
have a GREAT day!

Amy Kolling said...

Love the bolt with the eyelets behind it!

AuroraDawn said...

I always struggle with masculine cards, this is one is FABULOUS! TFS

Taheerah said...

Wonderful card Dana! You've really been working a lot of different styles lately, shows you must be having fun! Really love this one, the colours are a nice pop but not too much! The eyelets are great too!

Ayana Posadas said...

Great card!
I love how you mixed the sets!

Karen B. said...

Great card, the pop of blue is fascinating. Can't wait to get my set, I see it's already been shipped!

Sara Mac said...

Perfect masculine card Dana. You are right, the bright colors work when balanced with neutrals. Love the big eyelets on here. The twine border is great too.

Courtney Baker said...

Fabulous girl!

Alice said...

wonderful simple card, Dana! love it!

Nerina said...

Dana - this card is fabulous - simple, striking and STRONG. Love the sentiment and those grommets! Woohooo!

Jackie Pedro said...

You are crankin' out the masculine cards and can I say they are all fabulous! I love this one!!

IamDerby said...

I am thinking this is the perfect man card!

Jen Carter said...

This is a great masculine card!! Love all the design elements and the subtle addition of the twine!