May 14, 2010

Orange and pink thanks


I'm on the road yet again, so this post is a scheduled one. 
I'm headed to a scrapbook retreat in the Adirondacks called Scrappin' for a Cure! I've never been to a crop in my life, so I'm terribly excited and plan to get lots of cards made and maybe even a few SB LOs (if I'm feeling so inclined). 
I've got a long drive today, so I pulled out my Ipod with several audiobooks on it and plan to make good use of the almost 6 hours I will be sitting on my tush just driving on I-90!

Today's card is simple. I went for my favorite color combo (orange and pink) and stamped an elegant card base with one of the scrolls in Vintage Labels. Added a ribbon, and loopy bow, some buttons and a sentiment on a white CS panel from Signature Greetings and it was complete!

I'll be back late Sunday night, but I do have a few scheduled posts for eye-candy.

Thanks for stopping in today friends. Do something creative! 

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Simply stunning...love the color combo!! Hope you have a ton 'o fun this weekend @ the retreat!!

Mariah said...

Beautiful, as per usual! Love the color combo. I always know that if I want some inspiration I can pop over to your blog! Have fun this weekend! I am jealous!!!

Sasya said...

love it!! and the ribbon is just awesome, Dana!

Diane Jaquay said...

Mmmm, YUMMY!!! Love the orange and pink and that fabulous ribbon!

Keva said...

That's so pretty, Dana! I love the color combo and the simplicity of it is great. I always tend to try and overdo my cards thinking that more is better...you've proven that's not always the case! Safe travels and have fun!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful card Dana! Just my style. I was just looking at the scroll images in Vintage Labels thinking I need to use them sometime. Love what you did with them.

B said...

Oh how lovely! :) Love the fun colors you picked! Hope you have a lovely time at the crop! Man 6 hrs is a far way to go! I'd love to have a crop near me to go to!

Sue Ann said...

Super Duper BEAUTIFUL!!! I have the greatest RF and OZ summer bag and this totally reminds me of it!!! I got here a back way today because I am blond and hungry ..... but I was viewing your music list ..... no HOT TUNA ?? :) Great card!!!

Kara said...

love the background you have created with that stamp!
Kara

Amy Kolling said...

Dana....This color combo is another favorite of mine!! Your "out of the box" use for that stamp from Vintage Labels is VERY creative!! Have a blast at the crop!! They are sooo much fun!

Alice said...

fabulous simple design!! love it! hope you have lots of fun at the retreat!!!

Julie Campbell said...

This is gorgeous! I love the combo of colors! mmmm!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love that color combo! I have yet to get signature greeting but I love it!

IamDerby said...

Pretty background paper!

Jen Carter said...

Another gorgous one! Love how you made the patterned paper, that is such a beautiful design! The ribbon and button are the perfect accent!