May 27, 2010

PTI Princess Challenge no.9--redo an older card


Hello all! I'm here today hosting my first ever PTI Princess challenge! Although I've been in the group for more than two years, I've never hosted a challenge before so I'm excited!

OK, the challenge is to REDO one of your cards from at LEAST 1 year ago. You can use the same LO, the same colors, the same stamps, or all three, but you must remake one of your older cards. And you have to post BOTH of them! (the old one and the new)




Here is my new card. I do admit to loving Terracotta Tile! *smile*  I used my new wave border punch, an image from Masculine Motifs, an old piece of Basic Grey PP and some twine & buttons.



I inked up the tops of the waves so they would stand out a bit. I also stamped off the sailboat once and used half for the sail.


Here is the card I re-did. You can see I used the same basic LO and a few of the same elements, but if they weren't side-by-side you wouldn't know one was inspired by the other. I originally posted this card on February 20, 2008. The original post is here.


So I can't wait to see what the rest of the group does!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Diane said...

This sounds super fun! Thanks! I still need to do number 8 then I will do this one. 2 more days of school.

Laurie said...

What a fun challenge Dana! I love both cards! The use of TT on the first is so perfect for that card! I have it but never use it bc of my fear of orange! LOL! You do great things with it!! :)

Кудрявая said...

Do I constantly surprise! Such beauty ... Your works are wonderful and not at all similar to each other ...

~amy~ said...

I LOVE both of your cards!!!! Such a fun challenge!

Julie Campbell said...

Wow, wow, WOW! You make the BEST masculine cards!!! I love those waves! That is SO cool!

Keva said...

Whata cool challenge idea! I love it. I really like both cards, too...great layouts.

Lindsay said...

Great card Dana! I love the colors and feel of it. The inspiration card is fun too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Dana, the father's day card is totally FABULOUS!!! Love the layout, and the colors are awesome, great great card girlie!

Amy Kolling said...

Ok here are my thoughts.....I LOVE the stitching and the wave punch (I have this one and have never used it!). Your layout is fantastic and you're right....I wouldn't have guessed one was inspired by the other!!! Great challenge!

Ayana Posadas said...

I like to re-do my cards sometimes too! Haha... BOTH of your cards look great!!!

B said...

Fun challenge! And I love the stitching on your new card!

Sherry said...

What a fabulous card! Love the colors and the layout.

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Dana!

Sasya said...

wow, what an interesting challenge! :)
both your cards are beautiful, Dana, i love the polka dot ribbon of the second card!!

Cheryl said...

Both cards are great! I love the redo. It is a perfect Father's Day card.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your Father's Day card! Great pattern paper and wonderful wave punch!

Jen Carter said...

What a fun challenge!! I really like your redo card! Very good Father's Day card!

Mara Campbell said...

What an awesome challenge!! I love both cards, great design.