May 26, 2010

Feelin' Groovy


Can you believe it's time for another Sasya Sketch? Yep. Today's card is for Sasya Sketch No. 12! Goodness it seems like the days are going by so quickly now that summer is almost here.

Want to know something about this card? All  stamps used were WOOD MOUNTED (except for the SU Wheel BG)! I'd forgotten how it felt to hold wood in my hands. It was fun but I sure do like seeing where I stamp when I use clear stamps.

I held off with a sentiment because I thought  I could use this card for several different occasions and will add the sentiment when the need arises.


If you feel like playing along, join us at Sasya Sketches for a new sketch every Wednesday!
Yes, the blog is in Russian, but the important parts are translated in to English...don't be shy! Art has no language barriers!

So what do you think about this card? I really, really liked it when I was done (is it ok to say that about your own creation?)

Thanks for stopping by today friends, have a good one!

22 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW Dana, this is so beautiful!! The colors are really exquisite, and I love the new sketch, gotta play along with this one!

Karen B. said...

Its wonderful to hear when people like their own creations, you get a better sense of them. Well, that's my opinion anyway. Such a beautiful mix of colors and textures and I like the three pearls on top!

Amy Kolling said...

What fun things you used here! I LOVE that trim and those pearls are the perfect color and are placed exactly to bring your eyes to the focal image!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Dana, it's beautiful! My plans are to play the next 2 days! yeah!

Mariana said...

So beautiful, serene and elegant!!

Rhonda said...

Love it!!! You always take such great pics of your projects Dana.

Laurie said...

Dana this is so pretty! I love the trim and the different techniques you used! Great card! Wish you were closer for our stamping weekend comimg up! We have talked about that long distance before haven't we? :)

Jen Carter said...

Wow. That's sure pretty! Love your trim and all the ways you added a textured look to the card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so unique! It's a wonderful card!

Keva said...

I really really like it, to! I love the little fabric behind the panel..very pretty!

Alice said...

i love the distressed look! beautiful card, Dana!

Mariah said...

I really like this one! How did you make the focal image? It's so pretty!

Mara Campbell said...

wow, this is sooo pretty! I like the background on the main part of the card. So cool!

Davi said...

Dana, how beutiful this is love those colors!

Mary Maruscak said...

Of course you can like your own art!! That's the most important thing, IMHO...because if you don't like it, what's the point, really? That being said, I LOVE everything about this card! The colors are great together, the versatility of the card, and that ribbon is so pretty! YAY!

KellyRae said...

Love the ribbon and the little pearls, definitely an eye-catching beautiful card. And of course you should like your own art, it's art for YOUR soul, too.

B said...

Oh love that inking of the purple and blue! It looks soooo neat!

Sue Ann said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ALL......... and now my water is boiling ....... just know that I LOVE IT ALL!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love this card! Somewhat shabby vintage and the trim is so different and cool looking! Beautiful!

Sasya said...

i've already told you, I think this card is just perfect!! i ADORE it, Dana!!! :)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Dana! Love the vintage feel and the great colors!

Jessica said...

Well, i love this one. And i feel ya' on wood-mounted stamps - for the past few years i'd bought mostly clear stamps (mostly due to the great prices), but recently i've been buying more wood-mounted, and they just feel so substantial!